Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Brief UFO Diversion


I've run out of steam on the cryptodump for the moment, so I'll try something else. Our mentor, Dr. Hynek, would probably approve since it's about UFO cases, but is having second thoughts since I'm the one writing it. Well, relax Allen. I'm just giving a few facts on five cases this time.

These five offerings have crossed my path spontaneously [translation: nothing I do anymore is planned]; one via buddies on the NICAP site, and four because I'm trying to clean up my files.


MID-GULF of MEXICO, 1967: 

This is the recently dug up document courtesy of the never-ending successes by my friend Barry Greenwood. This is a radar-visual multiple witness case. It has significance because it was one of the example cases listed by Dr. Hynek for his The UFO Experience. Strangely, it's the only RV example case that he doesn't discuss in the text. AND it's nearly impossible to find the documentation for it. But Barry did [of course] and so you and I can read the initial report. I note the odd circumstance of chaotic blinking on and off by the 6 red lights, contrasted to the regular 4 1/2 second pulsations. Note also Hynek's personal scrawl on the document and his rating of the case as a "5" for strangeness, but a "7" for credibility {which is high up that scale for him. } 




CHARLESTON, WV {and a lot of other places}, 1960: 

I blundered into this newspaper clipping from my old hometown area. It featured something that was happening in several locations back then which no one has yet explained {I talked about some of this stuff in some entries on Dr. Hynek and the Project Moondust satellite watch anomalies in some earlier blogging}. 

The clipping led me to discover that I had some correspondence from this lady [to NICAP], which follows:



Mrs. Bennett nicely included her pictures.



The clipping had more text too.


... and that's interesting because it [as is rare with photo cases] establishes that this thing was seen by multiple and independent observers. The "skeptical scientists" and the USAF tried to pass this off with it was just a meteor. To that I say:





US Route 601, SC, 1959: 


We got lucky and had an artist get a look at a dome disk while driving through South Carolina back to God's Country in the green hills of WVA. 


The case is a nice simple UFO encounter, which seems to have been a park-in-front-so-you-can-look-at-me affair, The object seemed to choose to fly off only when the observer began to back away. 


.... and now a peek at the Aliens.... 


This newsclipping came undated and started an odyssey of thrashing away trying to discover what it was. The Hoge case seemed interesting. The mindbogglingly useful UFO-DNA almost missed it entirely --- referencing only the whacky Trevor James {Constable} They Live in the Sky, as a source. Turning nearly every page in James {as he conversed freely with Ashtar of Venus to receive universal truths} I finally found that he'd read it in Keyhoe's Flying Saucer Conspiracy. OK, a step up. Keyhoe smirked away the story in typical Keyhoe anti-entity fashion, and added little. So, I was about to give up --- even the magnificent Albert Rosales [a follower of this blog and a good friendly colleague in the quest,] only had Vallee's minimalist reference to go on. Then, falling magically into my lap was....


.... well, how about that! Aime Michel's contemporary [and very slightly earlier colleague] Jimmy Guieu had gotten information on the incident for his book Black-Out Sur Les Soucoupes Volantes, and somebody at CSI-NY had nicely translated it for me --- I think that we have Lex Mebane to thank for that. Guieu's reference is collaborative and slightly better detailed. The case is a good old fashioned CE3 with mostly"modern" looking aliens. Nice case for that era when few were followed up in any way.


LAST ONE --- near Anadarko, OK 1906 --- yep, 1906. Please forgive the jump-around look of this clipping --- I didn't want to just cut it up to "organize" it.







Well, I can't help it. I like this one. Multiple close-passing something-or-others which then just vanish suddenly. .... high strangeness in 1906. 














But, you demand, WHAT were they? 











Till next time, folks.





Peace.



























5 comments:

  1. "We got lucky and had an artist get a look at a dome disk ..."

    It looks like you've misread that. The illustration was the newspaper artist's conception of the sighting described by the ham radio guy.

    Thanks for the clippings. Always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .... noted, and apologies to the readers. Too bad. Reminded me of that rare time when the NACA draftsman saw the thing at Rogue River and did such a good job drawing it. We've had a few of these elite visualizer-and-presenter type witnesses, but not enough.

      Delete
  2. Those are interesting photos. It seems like the film was exposed to light for long enough to catch the direction and path of the UFO. That is why I prefer those old cameras where you could control light and timing for as much time as the person wanted, unlike cell phone and compact cameras.
    Alaor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the Hoge case reported in the contemporary German press: http://digipress.digitale-sammlungen.de/de/fs1/object/display/bsb00064949_00272.html (mostly the same stuff as in your clipping). And some brief follow-up: http://digipress.digitale-sammlungen.de/de/fs1/calendar/0-0-0.all/bsb00064949_00282.html (no traces found, no other witnesses).
    Best regards,
    Filip of PoznaƄ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My computer refused to follow the address, but I'll trust your report.

      Delete

Followers

Blog Archive